Marrakech Medina is a fantastic place and a one of a kind travel destination. Marrakech old town has plenty to explore and while on a Marrakech Medina guided tour you can expect to plunge into culture, tradition, religiousness, and almost 1000 years of urban historic development. In order to properly understand and explore Marrakech monuments, palaces, mosques, religious schools, markets, and have the proper historical approach, you need a Marrakech private tour guide.
There are many places to visit in Marrakech, and the best solution is to get a walking tour in Marrakech with a professional credited guide. We offer Marrakech guided tours around the old city’s best attractions such as the Jemaa el Fna square, the Koutoubia mosque, the Bahia palace, the Marrakech Museum, the Ben Youssef Madrasa, El Badi Palace, the Saadian tombs, etc.
- We offer half-day or full-day Marrakech sightseeing tours.
- You’ll be taken into exploring the top things to do in Marrakech and it’s best-hidden secrets.
- During this walking tour in Marrakech medina, you will be able to understand the history behind each neighborhood and have precise cultural access to the eminent religious-touristic-cultural aspects of the city.
- You will visit Marrakech famous markets, workshops, palaces, and squares.
- Our Marrakech tour guide will drop you off at your hotel or any other place inside the medina.
Marrakech top attractions
Jemaa El Fna square
Included in the UNESCO list as a World Heritage site, Jemaa El Fna is one of the most famous squares in the world.
This eclectic place is the meeting point for storytellers, snake charmers, musicians, street performers, water sellers, food stalls, henna tattoo makers, dancing lady-boys, monkey whisperers, games, orange juice vendors, etc.
During sunset in Marrakech, go for a drink in one of the terraces overlooking the square for a one of a kind sensorial experience.
Get a place just before the Muslim sunset prayer called Maghrib and listen to the muezzin call overlooking the human spectacle of Jemaa El Fna in its prime moment.
The souks are the heart of the Marrakech medina and where the city’s main craftsmanship workshops are located.
During your Marrakech walking tour, see how talented local craftsmen are. Witness first hand how hard they work and how proud they feel to make objects as their ancestors have been manufacturing for many generations.
Still today we can find artisans workshops for leather, baskets, metals, and clothes, in the numerous bazaars and shops scattered throughout this part of Marrakech old town.
Marrakech most prominent souks are: Souk Haddadine, Souk Attarine ,Rahba Kdima square, Souk Joutia Zrabi, Souk Serrajine, Souk Kchacha, Souk Kimakhine, and Souk Lebbadine.
Ben Youssef has been the spiritual, intellectual, and religious center of the city of Marrakech for centuries and still persists in maintaining its presence in its mosques, Medersa Ben Youssef, and the Marrakech Museum, located in the Dar Menebhi Palace.
In the north, around Sidi Ben Abbès, the neighborhoods are very local, yet colorful and totally off the tourist route. Hidden fountains, old foundouks converted into artisans’ workshops, small picturesque alleys, and exotic cul-de-sacs.
Further west, the streets start to be busier and the characteristic smell of Bab Debagh begins to make itself felt since it is the Marrakech tannery district.
Marrakech guided tours
- Pick up at 9 am during the whole year.
- Drop off around 3 p.m or 4 pm depending on your pace.
Please contact us for the half-day prices should you be interested in a medina walking tour only for couple of hours.
- Save time and money – Our prices are the lowest available in the market.
- Our day trips are private.
- We are an operator, not a broker – You buy directly from us, the supplier.
- Our prices are fixed.
- No hidden fees.
- Assistance 24/7.
- Deposit payment upon confirmation and the remaining at the start of the tour.
- Payment methods such as PayPal, Credit/Debit Cards, Bank Wire, etc…