Essaouira 1 Day Trip From Marrakech:
Essaouira Round Day Trip: Itinerary:
Essaouira is located at 175 km from Marrakech; it is seaside medieval city with an old Portuguese harbor. Essaouira; formerly the old Mogador; is known for its annual festival of "Gnaoua Music", its medina is listed as a UNESCO world heritage site. The modern name means "the little rampart", a reference to the fortress walls that still enclose part of the city. A day trip from Marrakech to Essaouira is one of the most requested trips so far, where you could relax from the hustle of Morocco's other towns such as Marrakech; and discovers the beauty of its medina & alleys. The drive lasts only 2h40 drive each way. The roads are straight mostly, the pleasant climate and the variety of things to see & do makes from Essaouira a must do day tour. You will have free time to explore this easygoing town at your own pace and meet your driver around 3 p.m to make it back to Marrakech. You definitely won't be in need of a tour guide to venture around the little town.
You will be picked up at 8 a.m from your hotel/ Riad in Marrakech by one of our colleagues, an English-speaking driver and travel in an exclusive licensed A/C vehicle. Along the way to Essaouira you will pass by the Haouz plaines to Chichaoua village where you could stop to rest stretch your legs, coffee break or visit one of the Argan cooperatives a little bit further. If you are lucky you may encounter goats climbing trees in the last 40km to reach Essaouira.
Once in Essaouira you will get to wander in the city at your own pace and visit many of Essaouira's highlights such as:
- Place Moulay El Hassan
- The impressive Sqala, a type of defensive bastion with 19 bronze cannons lined up along the sea wall.
- Art galleries, Thuja woodworkers or shop in the souk
- Essaouira's ramparts; where the medina meets the Atlantic; there are great views from the ramparts, especially at sunset when you can watch the sun sink down into the sea if you have a chance to stay there overnight.
- The Jewish district called Derb Lealouj
- Enjoy fresh seafood in tiny restaurants selected from the fish market
Essaouira Private Day Trip: What's included?
Private A/C Vehicle, SUV or minibus
English speaking driver
Pick up & Drop off at your Marrakech accommodation
Free time to explore Essaouira Medina on your own
Essaouira Day Trip: Timing
Pick up at 8:00 a.m and 7h30 a.m in winter months
Drop off around 5:30 p.m and 6h30 in winter months
Essaouira Day Trip: Why book with us?
- Save time and money! - Our prices are the lowest available
- Our Essaouira day trip is private & guaranteed
- We are an operator, NOT A BROKER
- Our prices are fixed, No hidden fees
- Assistance and availability on site 24/24h
- Deposit payment upon confirmation and the remaining balance at the start of the tour
- Payment Methods such as PayPal, Credit/Debit Cards, Bank Wire, etc...
Marrakech to Essaouira Day Trip: How to book?
Simply send a booking enquiry through our Booking form, we will reply back under 12 hours, if you do not receive an answer after you have you checked your junk inbox, please resend us the enquiry and give us a call.