Ksar Ait Benhaddou is a small mud-brick village located in south Morocco. An Ait Benhaddou day trip from Marrakech is possible and we offer this service at the best price. Ait Benhaddou is one of the best-preserved ksor in southern Morocco and listed as a Unesco World Heritage Site since 1987.
- On this escorted day tour to Ait Benhaddou from Marrakech through the Atlas Mountains, you will come to learn about the Berber people, the desert landscapes, the architecture of kasbahs and ksour, and the era of the French protectorate and its influence on the southern parts of Morocco.
- Ait Benhaddou provides an interesting trip where you cross the High Atlas Mountains section to reach the southern foothills & desert plains of the Draa-Tafilalet region. This historical site is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage listing since 1987.
- Traveling from Marrakech to Ait Benhaddou is a 4h drive along with Berber villages and winding roads across the Tizi N’Tichka pass (2260m) to the highlands of the Ouarzazate Province.
- Before arriving at Ait Benhaddou you will stop at the popular Glaoui Palace that you can visit as an option (20MAD p/person entrance fee).
- The magnificent salt valley of Ounila stands between Telouet and Ait Benhaddou. This is one of the most beautiful valleys in south Morocco.
- Depending on your hunger level, you either lunch first or take a guided walk of the ancient settlement, crossing the dry river to get to the hilltop for the magnificent views of the surroundings.
- Ait Benhaddou is a fortress made of a group of kasbahs, home of about eight families who are still living in the old part of the ksar. The new part of Ait Benhaddou is home to many cafes, restaurants, and hotels. The whole place is extremely picturesque.
- You return back to Marrakech and will get dropped off at your hotel.
- Pick up at 7:30 am or 7 a.m during winter months
- Drop off around 6:30 p.m or 7 pm during winter months
- 1 to 3 participants: 1650 MAD per group.
- 4 participants: 1980 MAD per group.
- 5+ participants: 440 MAD per person.
- Save time and money – Our prices are the lowest available in the market.
- Our day trips are private.
- We are an operator, not a broker – You buy directly from us, the supplier.
- Our prices are fixed.
- No hidden fees.
- Assistance 24/7.
- Deposit payment upon confirmation and the remaining at the start of the tour.
- Payment methods such as PayPal, Credit/Debit Cards, Bank Wire, etc…