6-day desert tour in Morocco
- Explore Mhamid Desert in a 6-day desert trip departing from Marrakech.
- This tour takes you to explore the UNESCO site of Ksar Ait Benhaddou, the fabulous Draa valley, the ancient library in Tamgroute, the fantastic Telouet palace in the Atlas Mountain, the Iriqui National Park, and the desert region around Mhamid.
Map & Itinerary
Pick up at your hotel or riad in Marrakech, transport across the Atlas Mountains with stops in panoramic views. We reach the Berber village of Telouet and go on a walking tour to visit the Palace of the Glaoui (20MAD entrance fee). Afterward, we continue along the Ounila valley till we reach Ait Benhaddou and before that the Kasbahs of Tamaedakht. Walking tour exploring the Ksar. Overnight in a hotel here.
After breakfast, a departure from your hotel in Ait Benhaddou and head south to Tazenakht; a popular Berber town for rugs; we continue to Foumzguid where we lunch before facing a tough off-road trail to reach our destination, Erg Chigaga sand dunes. Time for a sunset camel rides or wander in the dunes after you check into your nomad tented camp. Dinner & overnight.
Around 5h30 a.m, you will wake up to enjoy the sunrise over the dunes of Erg Chigaga. Breakfast and departure to Mhamid, a 1h30 drive offroading to get back to civilization and paved roads. You will drive along Draa valley to Zagora and before that, you can visit an old library in Tamgrout. You continue along Draa valley until Agdez and exactly Tamnougalt Oasis. Overnight in a Kasbah hotel.
After breakfast, you will depart to Nkob; A traditional Berber village; popular with its 45 Kasbahs and palmary. You will head north to Boumalen Dades via the Tizi N’tazezrt and the famous Saghro mountains. You will enjoy the beautiful landscapes, the volcanic rocky formations. You will continue to Tinghir and then up to Todra valley for the night.
After breakfast, you will drive up to Dades gorges where you can go for a hike with a local guide. Afterward, you will drive to Boutaghrar village and the valley of roses, you may want to stop to meet a nomad family leaving in caves. You will reach Skoura palmary for the overnight in a Kasbah guesthouse.
After breakfast, a departure from Skoura to Marrakech with stops in Ouarzazate and the high Atlas Mountains. You will end up your Marrakech Sahara tour of 5 nights.
6 days in Morocco
- You will be picked up from your hotel at 8:00 am (7:30 during winter months) by one of our colleagues, an English-speaking driver that will take you to our tourism licensed vehicle.
- Drop off around 5:30 p.m or 6:30 pm during winter months.
- 2 participants: 7920 MAD per person
- 3 participants: 7020 MAD per person
- 4 participants: 6170 MAD per person
- Night in ensuite bedrooms with A/C – dinner & breakfast (vegetarian meals possible).
- Sunset or sunrise camel trek.
- Night in desert camp (private tents) with dinner & breakfast.
- Free time to explore attractions such as Ait Benhaddou, Cinema Studios, Taourirt Kasbah, etc.
- Save time and money – Our prices are the lowest available in the market.
- Our Morocco tours are private.
- We are an operator, not a broker – You buy directly from us, the supplier.
- Our prices are fixed.
- No hidden fees.
- Assistance 24/7.
- Deposit payment upon confirmation and the remaining at the start of the tour.
- Payment methods such as PayPal, Credit/Debit Cards, Bank Wire, etc…