A 5-day Marrakech to Fes desert tour will take you to Erg Chebbi Dunes, and some other interesting and memorable destinations along the way.
You will get to explore the local traditions, the delicious gastronomy, and the diverse architecture that south Morocco is known for.
5-day Marrakech to Fes tour
- Explore Merzouga Desert in a 5-day desert trip departing from Marrakech and taking you all the way to Fes.
- This tour takes you to explore the UNESCO site of Ksar Ait Benhaddou, the palm grove, and Kasbah Amridil in Skoura, the fabulous Todra Gorges, the desert region around Merzouga, and the Ziz Valley endless palm groves.
- You will also have the chance of visiting the cedar forests around Azrou to spot wild barbary monkeys.
- The 5-day Marrakech to Fes – Sahara Desert tour is the ideal way to travel between the two cities via Erg Chebbi dunes.
- This excursion in Morocco is among the most popular and we run it on a daily basis all year round.
Map & Itinerary
Depart at 08:00 from Marrakech to Ouarzazate via the High Atlas mountains Tizi n’Tichka pass throughout the high Atlas Mountains range. Visit the Telout Kasbah and the universal Heritage Site of Ait Benhaddou Kasbah as it has been named by UNESCO in 1987. We’ll pass through Ouarzazate, or what we call Hollywood of Africa.40 Km drive further and we get to the palm groves of Skoura for an overnight here.
From Skoura palm grovewe go further southeast to Dades Gorges and Todgha gorges along with arid landscapes and mountains, before we pass through a town called Tineghir the nerve center of the area. We head along Todra valley which is huge by its oasis and palm grooves. Why not a short walk across the palmary with a local guide to explore the daily life of the locals, women in gardens gathering herb for cows, and small kids riding donkeys. We continue up through the canyons of Todra which is famous for rock climbing until the Berber village of Tamtatoucht where we spend the night in an Auberge.
From Tamtatoucht we go up along arid landscapes and mountains to an altitude of 2000m where many Berber villages in the valley of Ait Hani before we pass through a small town called Assoul & Amelagou the nerve centers of the area. We pass Erfoud, it’s very known for its fossil’s factories where they make beautiful shapes and pieces from rock of mountains. Then we’ll head for the Erg Chebbi sand sea. We continue deeper into the desert landscape, until dunes appear in the middle of nowhere, overnight in a Berber camp
After breakfast at the hotel, many options are available for you: You may go to explore the neighboring villages of Merzouga such as Hassi Labied, Khamlia where the black musicians dance and sing. You may also enjoy an offroad drive around the dunes of Erg Chebbi and see the nomads living in tents in the desert. Enjoy the swimming pool in the summer months, or climb dunes in front of your hotel at Erg Chebbi dune line.
After having breakfast, the camel trek back to the hotel at the dune line for a quick shower. We drive towards Fes, we stop on the road to enjoy the panoramic views over the Ziz valley before we cross the High Atlas mountains again. We stop by a town called Midelt where we’ll have lunch. We pass Azrou then Ifrane and its huge cedar wood forest to see the monkeys. We continue to the legendary city of Fes.
5 days Marrakech to Fes desert tour
- You will be picked up from your hotel at 8:00 am (7:30 during winter months) by one of our colleagues, an English-speaking driver that will take you to our tourism licensed vehicle.
- Drop off around 6:30 p.m or 7:30 pm during winter months.
- Prices differ taking into account the number of people, accommodation preference, and other personal factors.
- Send us a reservation enquiry through the booking page, and we will get back to you as fastest we can.
NOTE: Check updated rates of the «5 Days Marrakech to Fes desert tour » on our price page.
- Drop off at your Fes hotel.
- Nights in ensuite bedrooms with A/C – dinner & breakfast (vegetarian meals possible).
- Sunset or sunrise camel trek.
- Night in desert camp (private tents) with dinner & breakfast.
- Free time to explore attractions such as Ait Benhaddou, Cinema Studios, Taourirt Kasbah, etc.
- Save time and money – Our prices are the lowest available in the market.
- This Fes to Marrakech 5 days desert tour is private
- We are an operator, not a broker – You buy directly from us, the supplier.
- Our prices are fixed.
- No hidden fees.
- Assistance 24/7.
- Deposit payment upon confirmation and the remaining at the start of the tour.
- Payment methods such as PayPal, Credit/Debit Cards, Bank Wire, etc…