5-day Merzouga desert tour in Morocco
- Explore Merzouga Desert in a 5-day desert trip departing from Marrakech.
- This tour takes you to explore the UNESCO site of Ksar Ait Benhaddou, the fabulous Dades valley, the mythical Todra Gorges, the desert region around Merzouga, and the Draa Valley breathtaking palm groves.
Map & Itinerary
Depart at 08:00 from Marrakesh to Ouarzazate via the High Atlas mountains Tizi n’Tichka pass throughout the high Atlas Mountains range. Visit the Telouet Kasbah and the universal Heritage Site of Ait Benhaddou Kasbah as it has been named by UNESCO in 1987. We’ll pass through Ouarzazate, or what we call Hollywood of Africa.40 Km drive further and we get to the palm groves of Skoura for an overnight here.
From Skoura palm grove we go further southeast to Dades Gorges and Todgha gorges along with arid landscapes and mountains, before we pass through a town called Tineghir the nerve center of the area. We head along Todra valley which is huge by its oasis and palm grooves. Why not a short walk across the palmary with a local guide to explore the daily life of the locals, women in gardens gathering herb for cows, and small kids ride donkeys. We continue up through the canyons of Todra which is famous for rock climbing until the Berber village of Tamtatoucht where we spend the night in an Auberge.
From Tamtatoucht we go up along arid landscapes and mountains to an altitude of 2000m where many Berber villages in the valley of Ait Hani before we pass through a small town called Assoul & Amelagou the nerve centers of the area. We pass Erfoud, it’s very known for its fossil’s factories where they make beautiful shapes and pieces from rock of mountains. Then we’ll head for the Erg Chebbi sand sea. We continue deeper into the desert landscape, until dunes appear in the middle of nowhere, overnight in a Berber camp.
After enjoying the amazing sunrise among the sand dunes and breakfast, you ride back your camels to the Auberge. After a short time for a shower, we leave for Agdez on a different road via Rissani. We pass through Alnif, N’kob, where we will stop for lunch. As far we will cross the Draa Valley one of the biggest valleys in Morocco, big with its huge member of palm trees. We arrive at Agdez where we have an overnight at the hotel inside the palmary.
After breakfast, we head to Ouarzazate where you can visit the filmmaking studios, there we can travel along with the huge history of the filmmaking industry in Hollywood of Africa; Ouarzazate; We drive towards Marrakesh via Tizi N’Tichka pass throughout the high Atlas Mountains we will have time to stop and enjoy impressive landscapes and Berber hamlets and break for lunch. End of the trip.
5 days in Morocco
- You will be picked up from your hotel at 8:00 am (7:30 during winter months) by one of our colleagues, an English-speaking driver that will take you to our tourism licensed vehicle.
- Drop off around 5:30 p.m or 6:30 pm during winter months.
- 2 participants: 5500 MAD per person
- 3 participants: 4720 MAD per person
- 4 participants: 4100 MAD per person
- Night in ensuite bedrooms with A/C – dinner & breakfast (vegetarian meals possible).
- Sunset or sunrise camel trek.
- Night in desert camp (private tents) with dinner & breakfast.
- Free time to explore attractions such as Ait Benhaddou, Cinema Studios, Taourirt Kasbah, etc.
- Save time and money – Our prices are the lowest available in the market.
- Our Morocco tours are private.
- We are an operator, not a broker – You buy directly from us, the supplier.
- Our prices are fixed.
- No hidden fees.
- Assistance 24/7.
- Deposit payment upon confirmation and the remaining at the start of the tour.
- Payment methods such as PayPal, Credit/Debit Cards, Bank Wire, etc…