A 4 days tour from Fes to Marrakech will take you to Erg Chebbi Dunes, and some other interesting and memorable destinations along the way.
You will get to explore the local traditions, the delicious gastronomy, and the diverse architecture that south Morocco is known for.
Fes to Marrakech desert tour 4 days
- Explore Merzouga Desert in a Fes to Marrakech desert tour 4 days and taking you all the way to Marrakech.
- This tour from Fes to Marrakech takes you to explore the Ziz Valley endless palm groves, the desert region around Merzouga, Erg Chebbi dunes, the fabulous Todra Gorges, the Amridil Kasbah in Skoura, the Taourirt Kasbah in Ouarzazate, and the UNESCO site of Ksar Ait Benhaddou.
- You will also have the chance of visiting the cedar forests around Azrou to spot wild barbary monkeys.
- The 4 days desert tour from Fes to Marrakech is the ideal way to travel between the two cities via Erg Chebbi dunes.
- This excursion in Morocco is among the most popular and we run it on a daily basis all year round.
- After a lovely 4 days in Morocco road trip, we drive you to Marrakech and will drop you off at your hotel.
4 days from Fes to Marrakech highlights
Erg Chebbi Dunes
Erg Chebbi Dunes is the most famous desert destination in Morocco. We can say that the Moroccan southern regions start developing thanks to this amazing natural wonder that attracted visitors since the late 1980s. The dunes of Erg Chebbi are the tallest sand dunes in Morocco, reaching around 250 high.
Dades Valley is a profoundly scenic valley in the High Atlas Mountains, lavished with Berber villages, endless palm groves, dramatic rocky formations, impressive red soil, and hundreds of kasbahs. One of the most important places in the valley is the Tissedrine road, considered one of the most beautiful roads in the world.
Ksar Ait Benhaddou
Ksar Ait Benhaddou is undoubtedly south Morocco's ex-libris, as the only UNESCO World Heritage site listed below the Atlas Mountains. This 17th-century mud-brick village located on the hill surprises visitors with its inherent beauty. Still today a reduced number of families live there.
Map & Itinerary
Pick up from your Fes riad/Hotel at 8:00 a.m by your driver, departure to Merzouga where the sand see dunes of Erg Chebbi are located. An 8 hours journey that takes you across the Atlas Mountains to southern Morocco’s largest oasis; Tafilalet; composed of many villages, palm groves, and 2 main Saharan towns, Erfoud and Rissani. We will make many stops along the road at the alpine town of Ifrane, Azrou cedar forest where are the monkeys, Midelt for lunch, and Ziz valley at the panoramic and impressive views over the palm trees, the green valley in the middle of the Sahara. Then we’ll head for the Erg Chebbi sand dunes. We continue deeper into the desert landscape until the dunes appear in the middle of nowhere, Overnight Camel Trek in a Berber tented camp.
After having breakfast, the camel trek back to the hotel at the dune line for a quick shower. We leave the Sahara desert dunes of Erg Chebbi, an off-road drive across the hamada (black Desert) to get to the Sahara town of Rissani, an optional visit of the animated local market. Afterward, we head north to Erfoud which is known for fossils; here we can stop to visit a fossil workshop before we continue to the impressive Todra canyons, known for rock climbing, where you can hike before we check into the hotel, Dinner, and overnight.
Breakfast at the hotel, we begin our journey along the road of 1000 Thousand Kasbahs, since there are enormous kasbahs on both sides of the road. Some of those old fortified houses are restored but unfortunately, a lot of them are ruins. We pass through Dades valley and go up to the mountainous area through an off-road trail where many Berber villages and few nomads living in caves, here we will have the chance to visit one of these families and take a look at their daily life and their main activity “Looking after herds of goats & cheep”. We will be impressed by the landscapes of the colorful rose valley before we reach the Skoura palm grove. 45km further, we reach Ouarzazate for the dinner and overnight at the hotel.
After breakfast, we can enjoy a visit to cinema sets & studios located in Ouarzazate which is known as Hollywood of Africa. Afterward, we will visit the universal Heritage Site of Ait Benhaddou Kasbah as it has been named by UNESCO in 1987. Ait Benhaddou is a World Heritage site that has been used as a backdrop for more than 20 films including “Gladiator” “Indiana Jones” and “Lawrence of Arabia”. Enjoy a walk to explore the traditional Moroccan style of architecture in which the Kasbahs are built. We continue our way to Marrakesh through the High Atlas Mountains and Tizi n’Tichka pass. Break for lunch in the middle of the Atlas Mountains. Drop off at your Marrakech Riad/Hotel.
4 days tour from Fes to Marrakech
- You will be picked up from your hotel at 8:00 am (7:30 during winter months) by one of our colleagues, an English-speaking driver that will take you to our tourism licensed vehicle.
- Drop off around 6:30 p.m or 7:30 pm during winter months.
- Prices differ taking into account the number of people, accommodation preference, and other personal factors.
- Send us a reservation enquiry through the booking page, and we will get back to you as fastest we can.
NOTE: Check updated rates of the « 4 days Fes to Marrakech desert tour » on our price page.
- Drop off at your Marrakech hotel.
- Nights in ensuite bedrooms with A/C – dinner & breakfast (vegetarian meals possible).
- Sunset or sunrise camel trek.
- Night in desert camp (private tents) with dinner & breakfast.
- Free time to explore attractions such as Ait Benhaddou, Cinema Studios, Taourirt Kasbah, etc.
- Save time and money – Our prices are the lowest available in the market.
- This 4 days trip from Fes to Marrakech is private.
- We are an operator, not a broker – You buy directly from us, the supplier.
- Our prices are fixed.
- No hidden fees.
- Assistance 24/7.
- Deposit payment upon confirmation and the remaining at the start of the tour.
- Payment methods such as PayPal, Credit/Debit Cards, Bank Wire, etc…