A 4-day Marrakech to Fes desert tour will take you to Erg Chebbi Dunes, and some other interesting and memorable destinations along the way.
You will get to explore the local traditions, the delicious gastronomy, and the diverse architecture that south Morocco is known for.
4-day Marrakech to Fes tour
- Explore Merzouga Desert in a 4-day desert trip departing from Marrakech and taking you all the way to Fes.
- This tour takes you to explore the UNESCO site of Ksar Ait Benhaddou, the fabulous Todra Gorges, the desert region around Merzouga, and the Ziz Valley endless palm groves.
- You will also have the chance of visiting the cedar forests around Azrou to spot wild barbary monkeys.
- The 4-day Marrakech to Fes – Sahara Desert tour is the ideal way to travel between the two cities via Erg Chebbi dunes.
- This excursion in Morocco is among the most popular and we run it on a daily basis all year round.
Map & Itinerary
Depart at 08:00 from Marrakesh to Ouarzazate via the High Atlas mountains Tizi n’Tichka pass throughout the high Atlas Mountains range. Visit the Telouet Kasbah and the universal Heritage Site of Ait Benhaddou Kasbah as it has been named by UNESCO in 1987. We’ll pass through Ouarzazate, or what we call Hollywood of Africa since it is a famous destination for filmmakers. Overnight in Ouarzazate.
From Ouarzazate We drive towards Dades Gorges but before we drive along the valley of Roses. We get directly to Dades valley where we will enjoy the beautiful green fields of figs and almonds. We will pass through many hamlets and villages along the way before we arrive at Todra Gorges where we will have an overnight in a Kasbah overlooking the river.
From Todra Gorges we start to drive towards Erg Chebbi along with arid landscapes and volcanic mountains of the Anti Atlas before we pass through a town called Tinjedad the nerve center of the area. We pass Erfoud, it’s very known for its fossil’s factories where they make beautiful shapes and pieces from rock of the neighboring mountains. Then we’ll head for the Erg Chebbi sand sea. We continue deeper into the desert landscape until dunes appear in the middle of nowhere, Overnight Camel Trek in a Berber tented camp.
After having breakfast, the camel trek back to the hotel at the dune line for a quick shower. We drive towards Fes, we stop on the road to enjoy the panoramic views over the Ziz valley before we cross the High Atlas mountains again. We stop by a town called Midelt where we’ll have lunch. We pass Azrou then Ifrane and its huge cedar wood forest to see the monkeys. We continue to the legendary city of Fes.
4 days Marrakech to Fes desert tour
- You will be picked up from your hotel at 8:00 am (7:30 during winter months) by one of our colleagues, an English-speaking driver that will take you to our tourism licensed vehicle.
- Drop off around 6:30 p.m or 7:30 pm during winter months.
- 2 participants: 4950 MAD per person
- 3 participants: 4300 MAD per person
- 4 participants: 3600 MAD per person
- Drop off at your Fes hotel.
- Nights in ensuite bedrooms with A/C – dinner & breakfast (vegetarian meals possible).
- Sunset or sunrise camel trek.
- Night in desert camp (private tents) with dinner & breakfast.
- Free time to explore attractions such as Ait Benhaddou, Cinema Studios, Taourirt Kasbah, etc.
- Save time and money – Our prices are the lowest available in the market.
- This Fes to Marrakech 4 days desert tour is private
- We are an operator, not a broker – You buy directly from us, the supplier.
- Our prices are fixed.
- No hidden fees.
- Assistance 24/7.
- Deposit payment upon confirmation and the remaining at the start of the tour.
- Payment methods such as PayPal, Credit/Debit Cards, Bank Wire, etc…