4-day Merzouga desert tour in Morocco
- Explore Merzouga Desert in a 4-day desert trip departing from Marrakech.
- This tour takes you to explore the UNESCO site of Ksar Ait Benhaddou, the fabulous Dades valley, the mythical Todra Gorges, the desert region around Merzouga, and the Draa Valley breathtaking palm groves.
Map & Itinerary
Meeting at 8h00 a.m with your driver at your Marrakech riad/hotel, take you to your private vehicle and transport from Marrakech to Ouarzazate, through the Tizi- N-Tichka passes you will enjoy a snaky mountainous road, beautiful landscapes with different colors (Ounila valley) and the Berber villages along the way between the two cities. The two next destinations are Telouet Kasbah (Home of the Glaoui Palace) and the universal Heritage Site of Ait Benhaddou, the popular fortress that has been named by UNESCO in 1987, you will take a walk and cross the dried river with your driver to discover Ait Benhaddou and dominate the Kasbahs. Ait Benhaddou is a World Heritage site that has been used as a backdrop for more than 20 films including “Gladiator” “Indiana Jones” and “Lawrence of Arabia”. Afterward, you will head directly to Ouarzazate where you will spend the first night of your private Marrakech 4 days desert tour in a nice charming Riad.
After breakfast, you will depart to the Erg Chebbi sand sea dunes crossing the volcanic Anti-Atlas Mountains section, passing by Agdez and Draa valley junction. You continue to Rissani, a small Saharan town in the southeast of Morocco known for its traditional market and fossilized rocks. Heading further to the Merzouga desert (known as Erg Chebbi) where you will experience a camel trek to reach your camp and enjoy the sunset on the way, the night will be spent in the nomadic tented camp or even outside under the shooting stars. Play drums with the camel drivers or climb the sand dunes. Dinner and overnight in Merzouga Sahara desert camp.
You will wake up at the first flush of the morning to enjoy the sunrise over the Erg Chebbi sand dunes, your breakfast will be served in the camp. You will ride back to the hotel on camels for a quick shower and to meet up with your driver, the tour will proceed to Dades Valley stopping at the Todra Gorges, a popular canyon for rock climbers; where you can peacefully hike for an hour or two and have lunch in a local restaurant. Overnight in authentic kasbah, guesthouse style hotel.
After breakfast, you will be picked up from your hotel and head to Ouarzazate; the city is known as Hollywood of Africa; where you can stop to visit cinema sets, museums & studios. En route, you drive across the city of roses named Kelaa Mgouna. We continue your way to Marrakesh through the High Atlas Mountains and Tizi n’Tichka pass. A break for lunch in the middle of the Atlas Mountains. Drop off at your Marrakech Riad/Hotel, the end of your Marrakech 4 day round desert trip.
4 days in Morocco
- You will be picked up from your hotel at 8:00 am (7:30 during winter months) by one of our colleagues, an English-speaking driver that will take you to our tourism licensed vehicle.
- Drop off around 5:30 p.m or 6:30 pm during winter months.
- Prices differ taking into account the number of people, accommodation preference, and other personal factors.
- Send us a reservation enquiry through the booking page, and we will get back to you as fastest we can.
NOTE: Check updated rates of the « 4-day Erg Chebbi tour from Marrakech » on our price page.
- Night in ensuite bedrooms with A/C – dinner & breakfast (vegetarian meals possible).
- Sunset or sunrise camel trek.
- Night in desert camp (private tents) with dinner & breakfast.
- Free time to explore attractions such as Ait Benhaddou, Cinema Studios, Taourirt Kasbah, etc.
- Save time and money – Our prices are the lowest available in the market.
- Our Morocco tours are private.
- We are an operator, not a broker – You buy directly from us, the supplier.
- Our prices are fixed.
- No hidden fees.
- Assistance 24/7.
- Deposit payment upon confirmation and the remaining at the start of the tour.
- Payment methods such as PayPal, Credit/Debit Cards, Bank Wire, etc…