A 3-day Marrakech to Fes desert tour will take you to Erg Chebbi Dunes, and some other interesting and memorable destinations along the way.
You will get to explore the local traditions, the delicious gastronomy, and the diverse architecture that south Morocco is known for.
3-day Marrakech to Fes tour
- Explore Merzouga Desert in a 3-day desert trip departing from Marrakech and taking you all the way to Fes.
- This tour takes you to explore the UNESCO site of Ksar Ait Benhaddou, the fabulous Todra Gorges, the desert region around Merzouga, and the Ziz Valley endless palm groves.
- You will also have the chance of visiting the cedar forests around Azrou to spot wild barbary monkeys.
- The 3-day Marrakech to Fes – Sahara Desert tour is the ideal way to travel between the two cities via Erg Chebbi dunes.
- This excursion in Morocco is among the most popular and we run it on a daily basis all year round.
Map & Itinerary
Departure takes place in front of your hotel in Marrakech or at the famous Jemaa El Fna square next to Bank Al-Maghrib (Bank of Morocco) and the Post Office towards Ouarzazate through the Tizi- N-Tichka pass (2260m) in the High Atlas Mountains. From Marrakech to Ouarzazate, you will enjoy a snaky road, beautiful landscapes with different colors, and the Berber villages along the way between Marrakech and Ouarzazate, the doorway to the Sahara desert. The next destination is a UNESCO world heritage site called “Ait Benhaddou” classified since 1986 where few Berber families are still living in this fortified Ksar and supported by UNESCO. Ait Benhaddou Kasbah is one of many locations served as a natural decoration for many movies which were shot in the area such as “Lawrence of Arabia and Jesus of Nazareth” Take a walk and cross the dried river with your guide to discover Ait Benhaddou and dominate the Kasbahs once you get to the top of the hill. Afterward, you will head directly to Ouarzazate where you spend the first night in a Moroccan typical hotel. Dinner and overnight in Ouarzazate.
After breakfast, depart from your hotel in Ouarzazate at 8 a.m., taking the road of 1000 kasbahs, you first get to Skoura palm grove where most of the beautiful Kasbahs of southern Morocco are located (Amerhidil Kasbah, Ait Abbou kasbah…). The next city is Kelaat Mgouna, a Berber city that celebrates the festival of roses each year, every first weekend of May is an opportunity for locals to meet and sell the rose water and other products made from the rose. You will continue along the valley of roses until Boumalen Dades, another Berber village on the road of 1000 kasbahs. 45 km further, you will get to Tineghir with its beautiful palm grove, and the Jewish quarter. You continue to the gorges of Todra, free time for lunch, and trek along the canyons of about 300 m high. Afterward, you will leave for Erg Chebbi dunes in Merzouga Sahara desert. Enjoy a camel ride for 1h30 at the sunset to get to the oasis where the camp is located. Spend the night in the bivouac at Merzouga Sahara dunes under nomadic tents or outside under shooting stars. Play drums with camel drivers. Dinner and overnight in Merzouga Sahara desert camp.
Around 5h30 a.m, you will wake up to enjoy the sunrise over the dunes, possibly the best moment of Merzouga desert, followed by a typical breakfast in the bivouac of Merzouga, then you will ride back the camels, to meet you driver and travel from Merzouga dunes to Fes via the beautiful Ziz valley, Errachida, and Midelt. Lunch on the way and short break to watch the monkeys in cedar forests of the middle Atlas close to Azrou city at “Gourrou forests”. You will continue to Fes, where your tour from Marrakech to Fes ends. For information Fes is considered to be the 4th largest city of Moroccan kingdom, it is divided into 3 sections (1:Ville Nouvelle built by French protectorate, 2: Fes El Bali or the interior of walls and ramparts and 3: Fes Jdid). In order to access the medina of Fes, the main gate is Bab Boujeloud.
3 days Marrakech to Fes desert tour
- You will be picked up from your hotel at 8:00 am (7:30 during winter months) by one of our colleagues, an English-speaking driver that will take you to our tourism licensed vehicle.
- Drop off around 6:30 p.m or 7:30 pm during winter months.
- Prices differ taking into account the number of people, accommodation preference, and other personal factors.
- Send us a reservation enquiry through the booking page, and we will get back to you as fastest we can.
NOTE: Check updated rates of the « 3 days Marrakech to Fes desert tour » on our price page.
- Drop off at your Fes hotel.
- Nights in ensuite bedrooms with A/C – dinner & breakfast (vegetarian meals possible).
- Sunset or sunrise camel trek.
- Night in desert camp (private tents) with dinner & breakfast.
- Free time to explore attractions such as Ait Benhaddou, Cinema Studios, Taourirt Kasbah, etc.
- Save time and money – Our prices are the lowest available in the market.
- This Fes to Marrakech 3 days desert tour is private
- We are an operator, not a broker – You buy directly from us, the supplier.
- Our prices are fixed.
- No hidden fees.
- Assistance 24/7.
- Deposit payment upon confirmation and the remaining at the start of the tour.
- Payment methods such as PayPal, Credit/Debit Cards, Bank Wire, etc…