3-day Merzouga desert tour in Morocco
- Explore Merzouga Desert in a 3-day desert trip departing from Marrakech.
- This tour takes you to explore the UNESCO site of Ksar Ait Benhaddou, the fabulous Dades valley, the mythical Todra Gorges, the desert region around Merzouga, and the Draa Valley breathtaking palm groves.
Map & Itinerary
Departure occurs in front of your hotel in Marrakech towards Ouarzazate and Dades Gorges, through the Tizi-N-Tichka mountain pass at 2260 meters in the High Atlas Mountains. From Marrakech to Ouarzazate, you will enjoy a scenic drive, beautiful landscapes with different colors, and the Berber villages along the way. You will visit Ksar of Ait Benhaddou, a UNESCO world heritage site. The fortified village is an attractive place and served as a movie set for many famous films such as Lawrence of Arabia, Jesus of Nazareth, or even Gladiator. Afterward, you will continue to Dades Valley via the rose valley and Skoura palm grove. You spend the first night of your tour and have diner in a typical Moroccan hotel located in Dades gorges.
After a typical Moroccan breakfast, you depart from your hotel around 8 am, taking the road of 1000 kasbahs to drive around the colorful Berber villages of the Dades valley. 45 km further, you will get to Tineghir with its beautiful palm grove and Jewish area. You continue to the gorges of Todra, where you will have some free time to go trekking inside the 300 m high canyons. Once you arrive at Erg Chebbi dunes, you will take a 1h 30 m sunset camel ride. Spend the night in a desert camp, with dinner and some evening show of local music.
Wake up early, around 5:30 am, to enjoy the sunrise over the dunes, possibly the best moment of your Morocco desert trip. You will travel back to Marrakech via Tazarine, the Draa Valley, Agdez, and Ouarzazate.
3 days in Morocco
- You will be picked up from your hotel at 8:00 am (7:30 during winter months) by one of our colleagues, an English-speaking driver that will take you to our tourism licensed vehicle.
- Drop off around 5:30 p.m or 6:30 pm during winter months.
- Prices differ taking into account the number of people, accommodation preference, and other personal factors.
- Send us a reservation enquiry through the booking page, and we will get back to you as fastest we can.
NOTE: Check updated rates of the « 3-day Erg Chebbi tour from Marrakech » on our price page.
- Night in ensuite bedrooms with A/C – dinner & breakfast (vegetarian meals possible).
- Sunset or sunrise camel trek.
- Night in desert camp (private tents) with dinner & breakfast.
- Free time to explore attractions such as Ait Benhaddou, Cinema Studios, Taourirt Kasbah, etc.
- Save time and money – Our prices are the lowest available in the market.
- Our Morocco tours are private.
- We are an operator, not a broker – You buy directly from us, the supplier.
- Our prices are fixed.
- No hidden fees.
- Assistance 24/7.
- Deposit payment upon confirmation and the remaining at the start of the tour.
- Payment methods such as PayPal, Credit/Debit Cards, Bank Wire, etc…