A 2-day desert tour from Marrakech will take you to travel to Zagora Desert, and some other exciting and impressive places.
On this excursion of 2 days in Morocco, you will cross the Atlas Mountains to arrive in the Sahara Desert.
2-day Zagora desert tour in Morocco
- Explore Zagora Desert in a 2-day desert trip departing from Marrakech.
- This tour takes you to explore the UNESCO site of Ksar Ait Benhaddou, the fabulous Draa valley, the legendary Tamnougalt Kasbah, and the desert region in Zagora.
Map & Itinerary
Taking the road to cross the High Atlas Mountains via the Tizi n’Tichka pass towards Ait Benhaddou village, you will visit the fortified ksar with it’s beautiful Kasbahs. Ait Benhaddou has served as a natural decor for many movie producers since the 1960s. Once you reach the village, you take a walk to go to the top of the hill. The fortified town is an attractive place and served as a movie set for many famous films such as Lawrence of Arabia, Jesus of Nazareth, or even Gladiator. Eventually, we arrive in Ouarzazate to have lunch next to the famous Kasbah of Taourirt. After lunch, you carry south and cross the second pass at Tizi N’Tnifift with 1710m, through the volcanic mountains and Ait Saoun village, the former route of caravans for Sahara traders coming from “Timbuktu.” You will reach the first administrative center called “Agdez Village” that marks the Draa Valley origin, with its palm groves and kasbahs. You will continue through the lunar landscapes and the pre-Sahara routes until you get to Zagora, a small town and the native region of the Saadian dynasty that used to rule Morocco in the XVII century. You will take a sunset camel trek, get to the desert camp, and enjoy dinner and overnight in the tents.
Early wake up to see the sunrise over the dunes, followed by a breakfast in the Zagora desert camp in south Morocco. After another camel ride to meet your driver, we will drive back to Marrakech, passing via Ouarzazate, where you have free time to have lunch in a local restaurant. In the afternoon, you will continue via the Atlas Mountains to get to Marrakech and finish your tour.
2 days in Morocco
- You will be picked up from your hotel at 8:00 am (7:30 during winter months) by one of our colleagues, an English-speaking driver that will take you to our tourism licensed vehicle.
- Drop off around 5:30 p.m or 6:30 pm during winter months.
- 2 participants: 2100 MAD per person
- 3 participants: 1650 MAD per person
- 4 participants: 1350 MAD per person
- Night in a Zagora desert camp sleeping inside a private tent with an ensuite bathroom – dinner & breakfast (vegetarian meals possible).
- Sunset or sunrise camel trek.
- Free time to explore attractions such as Ait Benhaddou, Cinema Studios, Taourirt Kasbah, etc.
- Save time and money – Our prices are the lowest available in the market.
- Our Morocco tours are private.
- We are an operator, not a broker – You buy directly from us, the supplier.
- Our prices are fixed.
- No hidden fees.
- Assistance 24/7.
- Deposit payment upon confirmation and the remaining at the start of the tour.
- Payment methods such as PayPal, Credit/Debit Cards, Bank Wire, etc…